Many agencies and business and friends have made sure that all children at Rainbow enjoy the holidays with presents
Members of Rainbow’s staff distributed gifts over the holidays.
Thank you to all of the many who donated so generously. Your kindness has made a difference in the lives of many children and families who are in significant need.
Grants and Awards!
- Rainbow was awarded $22,200 by the Department of Education to implement a new Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematic (STEM) Program entitled “Technology is Terrific”. All school age children will participate in this program during the academic year at Belmont Community School, City View Discovery School and Rainbow Child Development Center.
- Reliant Medical Group Foundation awarded the Center’s Preschool Program with funding to support a Creative Movement and Nutrition Program entitle “Imagimotions Kidz” to all Preschool Children throughout the 2013-2014 academic year. Additionally UMass Medical School granted funding to the Preschool to purchase supplemental equipment that will be used during the Program.
The Center was recently awarded over $10,000 by the MA Quality Rating Improvement System (QRIS). These funds will be used to fund enrich the Preschool and School Age curriculum, family engagement and continuing education for teachers and staff.
- Rainbow was awarded $1900.00 from United Way of Central MA to replace RCDC’ s front door. The current door does not a reflect the great programs Rainbow provides inside the building. Additionally, a new permanent RCDC sign will be installed in early 2014 with Board approved funds. These items will be add to the beauty of the historical building.
- Essential Funding that totaled to $10,000 was awarded to Rainbow’s on-site Speech and Language Development Program by the Albert Rice Foundation. Additionally, People’s United Community Foundation granted Rainbow $2,500 to sustain its on-site Preschool speech and language development program. Rainbow is very grateful to these Foundations for their commitment to high quality preschool programs. Rainbow’s is the only Preschool in Worcester that offers an on-site Speech and Language Development Program.
- Rainbow received $5,000 from the TJX Foundation to Support our Social Service Programs.
- Rainbow received a $10,000 donation from The Ellsworth Foundation. Each year the Foundation selects Worcester based nonprofits to fund.
- International Ceramic Engineering sent a $300 contribution to Rainbow.
We received a matching donations from the Morgan Matching Gifts Program.